Each year, the world observes World Physical Therapy Day on September 8th. The day provides a platform for physiotherapists from around the world. This helps them in promoting consciousness about the role that their profession plays.
Physiotherapy aims to restore, preserve, and maximize a patient’s movements, activity, and well-being. Physical therapy, prevention of injury, and fitness are all benefits of physiotherapy. Physiotherapists engage you in your healing. Physiotherapy helps in ensuring that individuals remain active and accessible.
Also Read : World Arthritis Day (WAD) 2023 : Activities, Theme, Quotes
The World Confederation of Physical Therapy declared September 8th as World Physical Therapy Day in 1996. WCPT is currently known as World Physiotherapy.
World Physiotherapy Day celebrates the global physiotherapy community’s togetherness and solidarity. It is a chance to recognize the efforts of physiotherapists toward their patients.
World Physiotherapy helps member organizations popularize the discipline and enhance their competence. It does so by focusing on World PT Day.
The theme for World Physical Therapy Day 2023 is osteoarthritis. A more comprehensive theme is the role of physiotherapists in their management and prevention. Other rheumatological disorders will be the focus in 2023.
Also Read : 36 Questions Should I Ask A Physiotherapist?
The following major messages are crucial to the campaign
- Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most prevalent joint ailment. It affects 520 million individuals worldwide, with knee OA accounting for 60% of all OA cases.
- Hip and knee OA is the 11th leading cause of disability in a worldwide review of 291 disorders.
- The precise etiology of OA is unknown. Risk factors for OA include being overweight or obese or having a history of joint injury or surgery. Having a past of joint overuse and heredity also poses a grave risk.
- Exercising is the first-line therapy for osteoarthritis. A physiotherapist can offer guidance and education on pain reduction and OA management. They can educate persons with OA on how or when to enhance joint mobility and muscle strength.
- People suffering from OA should stay as active as possible. This aids with pain relief and reduces other OA symptoms. It also allows individuals to remain independent.
- Only around one-third of persons with OA will worsen with time. Others will notice a reduction in pain and impairment. So a physiotherapist can tell you how to stay active.
World Physiotherapy invites member organizations and physiotherapists worldwide. Also it urges them to use the World Physiotherapy toolbox. So the toolbox helps in communicating these ideas to the general public and governments. World Physical Therapy Day influences physiotherapy’s credibility.
Also Read : World Mental Health Day 2023
Additionally, Many member organizations of World Physiotherapy have their national physiotherapy months. But, organizations that do not have their designated day choose September 8th.
Moreover, Physiotherapists and World Physiotherapy members must pick which activities and materials to develop. Also this allows them to represent critical national goals and messages. So, World Physiotherapy offers suggestions, advertising, and support resources annually.
[…] Each year, the world observes World Physical Therapy Day on Sept 8th. The day provides a platform for physiotherapists from around the world. […]