Pregnancy and role of physiotherapy : The physiotherapy changes to a women’s body as related to pregnancy are multiple. The centre of mass changes, there is more pressure on the organs, and there is increased weight to be carried.
All of this in a relatively short span of time often leads to back pain, pelvic pain and urinary incontinence.
In fact, over two thirds of pregnant women experience back pain, one fifth experience pelvic pain and over 40% experience urinary incontinence in their first pregnancy – with half remaining incontinent at 8 weeks post-partum, and one third experiencing a new onset of incontinence after childbirth.
Also Read : Can Physiotherapy Treat Arthritis?
Evidence shows that group training programs of New Hope physiotherapy in Brampton designed and delivered by physiotherapists can relieve lower back pain, pelvic pain and urinary incontinence in pregnant women.
Pregnancy and role of physiotherapy
- Physiotherapist directed pelvic floor muscle training to prevent urinary incontinence during pregnancy and after delivery.
- Physiotherapist directed core stability training to prevent and treat back and pelvic pain during and following pregnancy.
While pre and post natal exercise programs are common, and they help many mothers, they may be harming others, informal survey have revealed that most the pregnant females
- lack even a basic screening, assessment or continued monitoring
- exercises not adapted for any pain, posture or incontinence issues
- key factors such as the presence of a diastasis recti or caesarean section delivery were not addressed programs
- presented exercises that were contraindicated or not suitable for pregnant women in general
- there was no accommodation for the stage of pregnancy or post-partum status
- exercises not introduced to pregnant females.
Also Read : The Importance Of Shockwave Therapy In Modern Physiotherapy Treatment
How can a physiotherapy treatment in Brampton help pregnant women?
It within the scope of practice of a physiotherapist to properly assess, treat and educate pregnant women in effective and safe exercises that have shown to decrease back pain, pelvic pain and urinary incontinence -throughout their pregnancy and post-partum. New Hope physiotherapy clinic in Brampton delivered program for pregnant women would include:
- Screen patients to ensure they could safely participate in an exercise program
- Assess patients for posture, strength, flexibility, balance as well as any musculoskeletal issues that could have a bearing on pregnancy
- Instruct patients on how to perform exercises safely and effectively
- Utilize an individualized approach – even in a group setting
- Enable group discussion and education regarding pre and post natal issues.
Also Read : How Long Do You Have To Do Physical Therapy For A Broken Ankle?
Also the goal of such a program would be to offer women improved prenatal fitness – that would lead to a healthier and easier pregnancy and delivery.
Physiotherapy in Malton program would also offer an integrated approach to health care-and share detailed assessment findings with the participant’s primary and pregnancy health care providers.
As well as, for women who experiencing a high risk pregnancy, private sessions should arranged with strict observation of the health care provider’s restrictions with a focus on maintaining the pelvic floor and alleviating pain.
Also Read : How To Fix Tennis Elbow With Physiotherapy?
How does Brampton physiotherapy help pregnant females
- Improves postures
- Learn to exercise safely
- Relieves back aches
- Improve pelvic floor function
- Reduce urinary incontinence
So, pregnancy can significantly affect your overall daily functioning. Before and after delivery, a woman’s body undergoes tremendous physical and hormonal changes.
Discomfort associated with expecting a baby, such as back pain, pelvic girdle pain, rib pain and urinary incontinence can be overwhelming at times, and for a long time women have simply accepted this as a normal part of the pregnancy process.
Additionally, physiotherapy during pregnancy can greatly relieve your discomfort as well as help you to prepare your body for an easier delivery.
Also Read : 10 Tips On Finding The Best Physiotherapist In Brampton For You
Related Post :
- What Is Massage Therapy?
- Reasons Why Massage Therapy needed after a Long Trip
- What Are The Benefits Of Regular Massages?
- Ways Of Massage Helping In Stress
- Find A Massage In Brampton
- Need To Massage Therapy In Brampton Modern Lifestyle
- How Massage Therapist In Brampton Has Provided Stressed Free Life
- How To Find Massage Therapist Brampton
- Massage Therapist In Mississauga Using Therapy To Treat Body Pain
Leave a Reply