Physiotherapy treatment in Brampton is a form of healthcare that uses physical approaches (i.e. stretching ,strengthening ,hands on techniques ,tapping etc .) education and modalities (i.e. heat ,ultrasound etc.)to promote ,maintain and restore physical ,psychological and social well being ,taking account all variations in health status.
Role of physical therapy in Brampton, Ontario is to treat
- All kind of aches, pains and stiffness in the body.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Chronic tendonitis
- De quervain's tenosynovitis
- Joint stiffness
- Myofacial pain syndrome
- Motor vehicle rehabilitation
- Ligament instabilities
- Piriformis syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
- Post surgical conditions
- Nerve entrapments
- Patello femoral pain syndrome
- Jersy fingers
- Decerebrate posturing
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Radial tunnel syndrome
- Stress injuries
- Work /sports related injuries
Methods used in Brampton physiotherapy
- Short diathermy
- Microwave diathermy
- Ultrasound Used to heal soft tissues and ligament injury, scar mobilisation and edema reduction.
- IFT (interferential current therapy )- This modality addresses the issues of pain ,spasm and inflammation
- TENS (Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation)-Basically for treatment of lower back pain, arthritispain, neurologicpain, post-surgical pains etc. .
- Faradic and galvanic muscle stimulator It increases the blood flow and reduces pain
- Cervical and lumber traction it is accepted for short term relief for neck pain and helps in relieving the muscle spasm and nerve root compression
- Wax bath it is used for soothing stiffness or pain in muscles and joints
- Infrared rays infrared therapy effectively increases blood circulation and helps in production of collagen which helps in perspiration and finally relieves pain .also it strengthen our immune system.
- Laser it increases healing rate, decrease inflammatory edema, increase regeneration of damaged nerves by stimulating axon sprouting.
- Russian current therapy it is used to help in contraction of muscles after injuries or surgeries.
- Active and passive exercise
- Resisted exercises
- Joint mobilisation techniques
- Suspension therapy
- Relaxation technique
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF)
- Myo facial relief technique
- Muscle energy technique
- Gait and balance training
- Posture correction
- Breathing exercise
- Postural draining
Changes provided by Physiotherapy in Malton in day to day life
Physiotherapy is a drug-free health care practice. Physiotherapists work in partnership with individuals of all ages to break down the barriers to physical function whether that means working with patient's pre and post-surgery, helping people come back from illness and chronic disease, injury, industrial and accidents and age related conditions. Physiotherapists in Brampton also play an important role in health promotion and disease prevention.
Physiotherapy has proven to be effective in the treatment and management of arthritis, diabetes, stroke and traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and a range of respiratory conditions offering those afflicted with tools and techniques to acquire and maintain an optimum level of function and pain free living.
Physiotherapy in Bramptonincreases your independence and gives you the freedom to function in your home, workplace or your favourite leisure activity.