Stress:- It is a psychological response which is produced by the body when it is not able to combat with pressures either from external sources or internal sources.
Types of stress:- physical stress, mental stress.
Symptoms of stress:-
- Physical stress -Low level of energy, headaches,lack of sleep, aches and pain,tensed muscles, cardiac disorders,GI disorders.
- Mental stress - anxiety, depression, burnout,emotional distress,elevated blood pressure, irritability etc.
- Acute stress - Stress related to a specific period of time i.e. mostly it occurs post trauma, or situation or emotion related.
- Chronic stress - stress related to prolonged period of time,it may be related to emotional pressures.
Types of physiotherapy techniques in managing stress:-
Massage therapy: -
Massage therapy is an effective way to help relax sore muscles and improve blood flow in the body, it also acts as a powerful, natural stress reliever for many people. Massage help people overcome common health conditions like fibromyalgia, anxiety and arthritis or relieve pain and stress etc.
Role of Massage Therapy Brampton in relieving stress:-
- Removes aches from the body and reduces stress levels
- Helps in minimizing anxiety and depression
- Regulates harmones and control diabetes
- Raises immunity
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- Helps to maintain flexibility of the body
- Prevents injuries related to sports.
TYPES OF MASSAGE THERAPIES:-
- Hot stone - it helps to calm nervous system, relieve sore muscles ,relieves stress by using moist heat technique
- A shiatsu - majority of work is done using therapist ‘s feet,pressure may vary from light to deep.
- Myofascial release - used to treat adhesions,deep tissue work but light pressure.
- Range of motion / stretching - Mixture of massage and stretching,increase flexibility and relieves pain.
- Pregnancy /prenatal - This massage basically covers back,gluteal region legs and feet. This technique increases blood circulation and relax muscles.
- Reflexology - this massage technique is basically for hands and feet to relieve stress as well as any anomaly if developing can be taken care of.
Chiropractic treatment Brampton:- This type of treatment is used when a person goes through accidents and there is pain associated with injury .
Chiropractic treatment is basically used when pain arises because of misalignment of joints and causes disorders of nerves, muscles or organ. chiropractic treatment helps in reducing the pain and enhancing the functionality of muscles and organs and our nervous system by means of exercise and other therapies.
Chiropractors use a variety of non-surgical treatments to treat patients with certain types of:-
- Lower back pain / sciatica
- Neck pain / stiffness
- Repetitive strains
- Sports injuries
- Car accident injuries
- Arthritic pain.