What is sports therapy?
Sports therapy in Brampton is a segment of health care industry which helps the athletes to build up their maximum mental and physical performance on the field and hence enhancing their performance and making them able to handle issues of stress and recover from sports injuries .
Types of sports therapy-
- R.I.C.E.- Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.
These four things are specially done immediately when an athletes is injured. Rest the body part immediately when pain is noticed while movement of the injured part,ice is applied on the injured area to prevent it from frost bite, compression results in reduction in swelling and relief from pain also compression is done with ice packs only,the injured part or area is always elevated above the level of heart to ease the pain .
- A.R.T.- ART is active release technique it is basically used to treat pain related to muscles, ligaments, tendons,nerves etc.
- Massages- There are various types of massages which are helpful for the athletes to relieve pain from injuries i.e.
- Deep tissue massage:- This massage relieves stress and pain by applying deep pressure across grains of muscles .
- THAI massage - It is a combination of yoga, reflexology and acupressure. It helps in relieving pain by using a variety of stretching exercises and pressing the pressure points.
- PRE and POST race massage - Pre race massage therapy in Brampton prepares the body for stress and upcoming sport exertions,this massage use to warm up the body and post massage helps the body to return back to its enjoyable relaxed state, it helps in removing toxins,lactic acid and stress out of body after heavy event exertions .